Working Holiday Visa for South Korea

If you wish to come to Korea for work and travel, the Working Holiday Program (WHP) will be the best option which allows you to live in South Korea and work for up to 12 months. Visa holders are able to work in a local company, do an internship, and even study during the length of their stay.


Only passport holders from the following 21 countries are eligible for the WHV: Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Canada, France, Denmark, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Portugal, the Netherlands, Sweden, Taiwan , the United Kingdom, Hungary, the United States of America, Israel, Chile and Ireland. Please also note that the applicant quota varies from country to country.



Visa applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old. People at the age of 30 are allowed to enter South Korea until the evening before their 31st birthday. Visa holders cannot have a dependent during their stay in South Korea. To apply for the visa, you will have to visit the nearest South Korean embassy or consulate in your home country.


Once the visa is granted, you are allowed to live and work in South Korea for up to 12 months. You are also allowed to leave the country and come back as many times as you wish during your stay without having to obtain additional work permits. On top of that, there are no restrictions regarding the type of jobs you are allowed to perform in South Korea.



Only applicants who have not previously participated in the program will be considered.



To apply for the WHV, have to submit your passport, which has to be valid at the time of application and throughout your stay.

2.You also need to submit a passport-sized photo.

3. your return flight tickets.

4. Some 2,500 euros or USD 3,300 to be able to support yourself during your stay.

5.You also have to provide a medical certificate attesting your good health. It is strongly recommended that you subscribe to a medical insurance prior to your departure.

6.You must also submit a clean criminal record, a cover letter indicating why you wish to visit South Korea, as well as a school attendance certificate or your diplomas.

The visa application must be submitted in person or sent by mail to the South Korean Embassy or Consulate in the country of your residence. Fees apply, but residents of certain countries may be exempt.



Once you arrive in South Korea, you are required to register with the Immigration Office within three months upon arrival. You must inform the responsible authorities in case of change of address within 14 days.

Looking for a job in Korea?